“If you want to be happy, set a goal that commands your thoughts, liberates your energy and inspires your hopes.” —Andrew Carnegie
“Our goals can only be reached through a vehicle of a plan, in which we must fervently believe, and upon which we must vigorously act. There is no other route to success.” —Pablo Picasso
“You have to set goals that are almost out of reach. If you set a goal that is attainable without much work or thought, you are stuck with something below your true talent and potential.” —Steve Garvey
I am already thinking about what I want to do and where I want to be in 2018. Setting goals is important for giving your life and future, direction. Your goals are a road map to success and give life to your dreams and vision.
As a life coach I have shared goal setting principles in varing degrees with my clients and I am excited to share the basics of these principles with you, so before you write your goals consider the following:
- Clarity – A clear, measurable goal is more achievable than one that is poorly defined. Be Specific!
- Challenge. The goal should have a level of difficulty in order to motivate you toward the goal.
- Commitment. You will need to put effort and commitment into meeting your goal. Increasing accountability by sharing your goal with someone you trust.
- Feedback. Set up a method to receive information on your progress toward a goal. For example If you desire to lose 40 pounds in six months and it is proving challenging to achieve then it is better to adjust the difficulty of your goal mid-way through the timeline than to give up on the goal.
- Task complexity. If a goal is especially complex, make sure you give yourself enough time and steps to give you the best chance at completing it.
You can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to let me know how you are getting on!
My Gift to you ~ To receive my 7 steps to setting goals sheet CLICK HERE